Monday, October 20, 2008

Untimely End

My best friend passed over last weekend. 11 years and an untimely end. Diagnosed with Cancer 3 months ago. Remedial therapy added only months. Some say that he could not feel the loyalty of his canine counterparts yet...he met me at the door. He slept on my pillow and my keyboard. He chased the mouse pointer across my screen. He looked at me with the expectancy of a retriever.

He came to me with blue eyes at a time of great solitude from the hands another great friend. We kept each other company while his eyes turned gold until more roommates arrived. Throughout many moves and miles, marriage and other felines we remained devoted to each other. Through many moods and tantrums we loved each other.

He never understood why everyone who met him wanted to pick him up.

Many prayed when the news came back from his surgery but it was not to be. Our timelines are not God's timelines and we don't know what impact events have in the stream of life. We had 3 more months and had to watch as he declined.

We were blessed with 11 years. It's wonderful to be loved by a cat. I was made better by the love of this cat. I am less with his passing.

No comments: